Wednesday

"Shut Up and Do It" SELLS OUT in Cinemafest Puerto Rico


One of our NYILFF 07 Domestic premires, "Shut Up and Do It" from director Bruno Irizarry, sold out in Cinemafest Puerto Rico last week:

"After a "sold out" first screening in Puerto Rico's San Juan Cinemafest, tickets sale for the final screening on Wednesday of SHUT UP AND DO IT! began to immediately heat up. "This is a great homecoming," stated Bruno Irizzary, who left Puerto Rico to pursue a career in acting in New York. "Just like the character in the movie I too, decided to "just shut up and do my own movie," I was sick and tired of being put into stereo types, and here I am returning to Puerto Rico after 18 years with my first feature film." Bruno is also the lead in the film, wrote, produced, and co-directed the film as well. Accompanying Bruno at the screening were cast members, Monica Steur, Darlene Vazquetelles, co-director; Veronica Caicedo and International recording artist CHELO, who's songs are featured in the movie, were also present. "This is the first time my music has been in a movie. It was a great feeling, the audience really seemed to enjoy it. I am looking forward to being involved in other movies in the near future."

-courtesy of Latin Cinema Showcase

Congrats to Bruno Irizarry, Veronica Caicedo and their Cast & Crew!

No comments: